Monday, July 4, 2011

Final Touches

Thurs June 30th checked in with HBP Freezing my mom out at 66 degrees

French toast for breakfast




Bed Rest

Maternity Cast made by Mom and Martha



While finishing up with maternity photo shoots, baby showers and diaper parties...things have started to get a little crazy. On Thursday June 30th, while at work I started to feel a little light headed. So knowing that hypertension runs in my family and previously having pre-hypertension I thought it would be wise to check my BP while at work. I checked it on the hour from 10-1 and it kept getting higher. At one point my diastolic was pushing 100. I paged my OB doctor and he wanted to see me ASAP, so work had to call another RDH to see my pm patients and I rushed to see the doctor. He checked it twice and sent me to Labor and Delivery to monitor me for what we thought was just a few hours. After keeping me all night and until 6pm the next day, my BP finally leveled out. At this point he sent me home on Bed Rest and said we needed to get at least another week in, making me 38 weeks by 7.7.11. This was the date he has chosen for Demi's arrival. My org due date was July 21st but due to the risk of Pre-eclampsia he feels that inducing two weeks early will be the best choice with less complications. So as I lay in bed with two dogs and a lap top, I've got everyone else doing my "to-dos" before Demi arrives. The past two days Douglas, Mom, Martha and Judy have been working here to make sure everything is baby ready. Anything from doing laundry, organizing, getting haircuts, building a fence, painting my toes making the belly cast and cooking....they've about got it all knocked out. Today is the 4th of July and we are squeezing in all the last minute things before our Fire-cracker arrives on the 7th. Tmrw is my OB appt, Wednesday is the day to check in the hospital for Thursday's induction. So here are some shots of our last minute preparations....

No comments:

Post a Comment