Thursday, January 20, 2011

Miss America



Alyse Eady was the first runner up to Miss America beating out 48 other girls vying for the crown. Tonight I'll be viewing her interview on David Letterman and looking for her on other networks such as inside edition, America's got Talent and the Ellen show. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to compete with such talented, intelligent young women like Alyse.

Making it to Miss Arkansas twice was a huge accomplishment during my years of competing. Though that's as far as it took me, I've always loved and admired the Miss America System. This year, last weekend, I got to see one of my pageant girls make it all the way to the top. Aylse Eady was a strong contender from day one. She entertained at several pageants of mine and we recently hosted Miss Arkansas River together. I am very proud of her and her accomplishments. This proves that Pageants are not all about the competition itself.

The Miss America Organization is the largest scholarship organization for women in America. Many people stereotype the system thinking it's about looks or who has the most expensive dress. Im here to tell you that winning Miss UA Fort Smith alone provided me with over 15,000 in scholarship money, free tuition for the year and a wardrobe provided by the college to compete at the State level. Due to all the amazing volunteers, they make it possible for us small town college women to go far!

To learn more about how to compete in local preliminary pageants to Miss Arkansas:
To learn more about Alyse Eady as Miss Arkansas Visit:
www.missarkansas.org

No comments:

Post a Comment